1) Those participating in the groundbreaking for our "new" library (shown below in construction and finished), left to right: Gen. Theodore Buechler*, Emil Roeser*, Dr. Warren Bosley, Charlotte Abbott, Roberta Lawrey, Jackie Sorensen, Selma Shamberg, Mayor John Ditter, James Wenger, and the Rev. Frank Hoelck

* had participated in the 1903 groundbreaking with Pres. Teddy Roosevelt

2) During the construction phase

3) Completed in 1974. Although the structure looks substantially the same today, library service has undergone tremendous change and continues to adapt to the community's needs, thus following the rich tradition started in 1884.

4) click here for more information about the following picture